The Chogoria route is our recommended African Climbing Tour and arguably the most magnificent ascent route to the summit area of Mount Kenya. It is the driest route up the mountain and the walk beside the is truly spectacular.
The descent by the Sirimon route takes one through some beautiful forest tracks and completes the traverse of the mountain.
Accommodation on this hike is 2 nights in mountain huts and 2 nights camping. Nonetheless, if you prefer to camp you can do so on all nights on the mountain
- Combining two of the most scenic routes on Mount Kenya
- Spectacular views of the mountain through the Gorges valley
- Varied mountain vegetation from Rain-forest, Bamboo, Moorland and Giant Lobelia
- The chance to acclimatize at 3,300m
The difinitive African Climbing Tour - Mount Kenya Climb Chogoria - Sirimon
Day 1: Nairobi- Mt Kenya Bandas (2,900m) 3hrs, 10km walk, 650m ascent.
Mount Kenya Climb: Chogoria - Sirimon our recommended African Climbing Tour
Prices & Payments
Mount Kenya rates 2020 - Prices are per person in US Dollars and based on group size.
You can pay now through our Pesapay Account. Please remember to specify which treck you wish to avail of.
The following items are included in prices:
- Return transfers from Nairobi to Mt Kenya (private)
- All Park fees.
- All food while on the Mountain.
- Accommodation in mountain huts/ camping where applicable.
- All guiding services
- Porter support for the climb.